Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Birthday Card for a Special Friend


Years ago, eons ago in fact, I had a boyfriend with whose Mum I developed a special bond.

I went out with the boyfriend for about  3 years and was even a bridesmaid in his sister's wedding.  Eventually the boyfriend took off for adventures in far flung places, never to return. Sometime later I moved to Queensland and after a while I lost touch with his family altogether.

Recently, thanks to the wonders of the internet and social networking sites, I've re-established contact with the said boyfriend.  No..... no don't get excited dear reader, he's been married to the same woman for decades.

Anyway, he told me that he and his wife were coming to Oz for his Mum's 80th birthday. I remembered that her birthday is on 2nd April, so I decided to make her a card.

This is the front. (Click on pic to see an enlarged view).

I made it using Creative Memories papers and tools.  The ribbon is from a pack of 6 rolls from the Warehouse. 

This is the inside of the card. I should acknowledge that the quotation is by Adele Basheer.

I posted it off to his Mum last Saturday and enclosed pictures of Emma and the Grandies.  I received an email from the friend who said that the card had arrived at his Mum's the day before her birthday "and she's still crying". I hope she's not crying because she thinks the card is horrible. 

I like making cards, because you get almost instant gratification. You know what I mean ..... it's just a short time span between starting the card and having a finished product.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card. Would that be M's mum we're talking about here? Or some other mysterious boyfriend I knew nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. You're right it's M we're talking about. None of the boyfriends I had were ever mysterious. Just b......s.

    ReplyDelete